NGHS Logo

NGHS ESU

In June 1944 Miss Marjorie (‘Madge’) Henson, Headmistress 1943-1944, was
made patron of the newly-formed Ex-Students’ Union – a mark of their
appreciation of her.
There is no mention of a prior ESU in Audrey Armitage’s book ‘Newcastle High
School – The First 75 Years’, so it is assumed that 1944 marked the formation of
the first NGHSESU.
Dorothy Payn was the NGHS Headmistress 1952-1953. It was at her suggestion
that the NGHS ESU was re-activated in 1952, when she was made Patron. The
ESU has functioned continuously since.

Application Form for NGHS Ex Students
Click Here